Wednesday 15 August 2012

Bolton's Miracle Footballer, Fabrice Muamba Retires on Medical Advice




Bolton's Fabrice Muamba has announced his retirement from football. The 24-year-old suffered a cardiac arrest on the pitch during the FA Cup tie against Tottenham on 17th March.

"While the news is devastating, I have much to be thankful for," Muamba has told Bolton's official website. "I thank God that I am alive and I pay tribute once again to the members of the medical team who never gave up on me."
Reacting, Bolton manager, Owen Coyle said:

"We know that he will go on to achieve great things and within all this disappointment, the most important thing is that he is here, alive, today."

Chairman Phil Gartside added: "We are all hugely disappointed that Fabrice will be unable to return to his playing career but we have to be guided by the medical recommendations and the best interests of Fabrice."

No comments: