14 suspected members of a notorious criminal gang, including two ladies, were massacred by security operatives in Rivers State after a fire exchange in the early hours of Friday.
The Joint Military Force (JTF) also invaded their camp in Kanni in Ogoni Local Government Area of Rivers State. The gang met their waterloo at 2:50a.m, following investigation into the recent kidnapping of one Biram Karakus, a Turkish and staff of Rivigo Construction Company, in Port Harcourt.
It was gathered that a combined team of security operatives from the State Police Command and Anti-kidnap Unit of the military, raided the hideout of the hooligans, upon information.
It was learnt that the notorious kidnappers, opened fire at the security operatives on sighting them, a development that led to the fire exchange. Six of the suspected kidnappers were shot dead immediately, while eight others, who were among 10 that sustained bullet wounds, passed out as they were being rushed to an undisclosed hospital.
Police Public Relations Officer in the State, Mr. Benjamin Ugwuegbulam, a Deputy Commisioner of Police, who confirmed the incident, said the gang leader, popularly known as “Bishop Nelly”, was among those killed.
According to Ugwuegbulam, the bandits were responsible for kidnapping, armed robbery, killing of policemen and civilians in Rivers State in recent times.
The Command’s spokesman disclosed that six AK 47 rifles, 444 rounds of live ammunition, 17 magazines and charms were recovered from them.
Other items recovered were two bags used in delivering ransom and N98,900, being part of the ransom of N20 million they received recently.
Saturday, 3 November 2012
Mr. Ibu: “Homosexuals Want To Sleep With Me”
Famous comic actor, John Okafor, otherwise known as Mr. Ibu, has lamented that the Nigerian motion picture industry – globally known as Nollywood – is currently being ravaged by a virus called homosexuality. In this interview, the thespian discloses that some guys had been after him, trying to harass him sexually.
He says: “One idiot came toasting me o! That is true, as funny as it would sound.
“Something is happening in this Nollywood. These upcoming actors are being used by some of the established producers who are gays. If you want to get a job as an up and coming actor, you must sleep with them. You must be sexed to get a job.
“We are no longer in the era of the female actresses suffering from sexual harassment; it is now man to man. Abomination! God has a lot of things to judge.
“Man to woman is also bad, but we can easily overlook that. Why not put your penis in the right place. There is something spiritual in that thing (frowns). Why would you bend down for one idiot to penetrate you, thereby destroying your future? You left God and bowed to devil… by the time you get up, you get up as a woman, while the idiot that penetrated you walks away majestically! Their payback is sudden death, and it keeps happening.”
This is not the first time the actor would talk about his experience with gays in the make-believe industry.
In a recent interview in Houston, Texas, US, Mr. Ibu also voiced his conviction about the virus eating deep into the industry:
“I am sorry if my friends are involved. It is a virus and it is killing our industry. If there is any way in this world that people can make them stop it or kill it, please do it. God will punish you, because God did not advise you to do it. God designed woman and dashed us for free,” he stated.
Thursday, 1 November 2012
Okada Rider Beaten and Stripped Naked by Nigeria Policemen
An Okada rider was beaten and stripped naked by Nigeria Policemen.
According to the report from by-standers who witnessed this incident yesterday and sent in the report and photos, the report has it that the naked man in the picture is an Okada man who violated the new Lagos state traffic law. He was arrested at the junction adjoining University road and St Finbarrs college road Akoka by policemen in mufti, and before anyone could say anything, the policemen descended on the Okadaman, beating him mercilessly and then stripping him naked.
They stopped the inhuman treatment after people around gathered at the scene and begged them to stop. This is the police protecting us! SMH!
According to the report from by-standers who witnessed this incident yesterday and sent in the report and photos, the report has it that the naked man in the picture is an Okada man who violated the new Lagos state traffic law. He was arrested at the junction adjoining University road and St Finbarrs college road Akoka by policemen in mufti, and before anyone could say anything, the policemen descended on the Okadaman, beating him mercilessly and then stripping him naked.
They stopped the inhuman treatment after people around gathered at the scene and begged them to stop. This is the police protecting us! SMH!
Arrest Ali Modu Sheriff, meet our other demands before any dialogue - Boko Haram
![]() |
| Abu Mohammed Ibn Abdulazeez |
The acclaimed spokesman of the group, Abu Mohammed Ibn Abdulazeez, who doubles as the second-in-command (Amir) to their leader Imam Abubakar Shekau revealed this in a tele-conference with journalists in Maiduguri on Thursday, stating that if the state and the federal government want the group to cease fire completely, then former Borno State governor, Ali Modu Sheriff, must be arrested and prosecuted according to the law of the land.
He also said that apart from the arrest of Senator Ali Sheriff, government should compensate the group and rebuild their places of worship which were destroyed during 2009 uprising.
Abu Abdulazeez further stressed that, all their members who were arrested and are under the custody of security agencies must be released with immediate effect, and all their wives who were displaced following the crises as well as their children must be rehabilitated into the society to create room for a fruitful dialogue with the Federal Government.
Wednesday, 31 October 2012
Gunmen Kill 18 In Zamfara. Village Head Also Killed In The Attack
Gunmen numbering about 20 on Tuesday attacked the Kaboro community in the Dansadau Emirate of Zamfara, killing 18 people, including the village head.
A survivor, Sani Abdullahi, who narrated his ordeal to newsmen in Gusau, said the bandits, swooped on the village at about 4 a.m. and began shooting sporadically.
“It was when the shooting started that the village head, identified as Alhaji Maiyara, came out to plead with the gunmen to stop the heinous crime. But they got at him and killed him.
“He was killed instantly when they felt that he was disturbing them with his endless begging after he was warned to shut up and keep off.
“They fired from different angles of the village and killed whoever attempted to escape, after killing our village head,” he said.
Haruna Kabir, another survivor who spoke to the newsmen, said he heard gunshots from far away and sensed that a disaster was befalling the community.
He said he escaped from the village through a bush path, adding that he would not return to the village in a hurry.
The bandits were believed by the villagers to be responsible for the killing of 22 people at Dogon Dawa village in Birnin Gwari, Kaduna State about a fortnight ago.
Nuhu Anka, the Director of Press to Gov. Abdulaziz Yari of Zamfara, confirmed the incident to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Gusau.
He said the governor had directed the state Emergency Management Agency to supply relief materials to the victims’ families.
The state’s acting Governor, Sanusi Rikiji, along with the Commissioner of Police, Usman Gwary, have already visited the village.
NAN recalls that in October 2011 in lingyado village, in the same Dansadau axis of Zamfara, 19 people were killed through a similar night attack by armed bandits.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)




